Pages

15 January 2015

The Maze Runner - by James Dashner

***


The first book of The Maze Runner series


So, I recently watched the film and that was almost amazing. The ended wasn't the best and they left it on a pretty huge cliff hanger but other than that I really really enjoyed it. Thus, I had to buy the book. I know most people hate to watch the film before the book but I like knowing what's going to happen in the film so I can get excited about the things that are going to happen if it starts to drag on.
Anyway, I thought the book was just a good if not better than the film. It is different than the movie so I wouldn't just watch the film thinking it's the same as the book - haven't you read Harry Potter!
It is about a person called Thomas who finds himself in a place called the Glade at the centre of a maze. He can't remember anything but his name and a few distorted memories. However, everything starts to change for the other Gladers when Thomas appears.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this book to people who like books such as The Hunger Games, Divergent, The Mortal Instruments etc. (because they're book that I like as well)

Rating:  ★★★★   (4 stars)


***


No comments:

Post a Comment